**URBAN EXPLORING/PARANORMAL POST** Exploring RUTLAND PRISON CAMP!

 

















So these pictures and videos are from my day trip to what remains of Rutland Prison Camp. It was such an amazing place to explore and is situated on so much farmland, there's a beautiful river leading out to a small pond...it's gorgeous to see and open to the public at any time.

I did also make one more trip, that time being after dark and I stayed all night to explore the same areas, but with EMF meters and other equipment trying to detect any spiritual activity. I did not document any of that in pictures or video unfortunately, but I can tell you that it is a WHOLE different feel once the sun goes down there. The places I felt the most activity were in the underground tunnels and that large above ground enclosure that has that creepy ass clown graffiti at the end of it. I guess that was once used for food storage when the prison camp was up and running, but I am extremely sensitive to any kind of spiritual energy and that area was the one spot I almost refused to enter at night. We did have flashlights and our cell phones, but the EMF meter had readings off the chart right at that face, I could hear and see things all around me even though it was pitch black in there. The person I was with is a skeptic by nature and they even experienced a bright white streak of light arc over my head with his own eyes and we both ended up literally running out of that enclosure because we felt such panic and anxiety. Overall, both times I went were absolutely one of a kind experiences and I plan to return again! I'm going to include a really brief history of the place itself below for anyone interested.


HISTORY OF RUTLAND PRISON CAMP:

Located in Massachusetts' Rutland State Park lies the ruins of an old prison camp where inmates were used to work the surrounding farmland and provide food to the other, larger prisons locally. The prison itself was built in 1903 and housed inmates who were considered "minor offenders" such as drunkards and the like. It contained a fully-functioning co-op farm to keep the inmates busy and productive. In addition to potatoes, the farm, which operated on 150 acres of a 914 acre site, also cultivated chickens and dairy cows, producing enough milk to sell to the nearby town of Worcester. The prison facility, in addition to the farm, contained cell blocks, staff housing, and a water tower. A tuberculosis hospital was also added in 1907 to the complex in order to treat the patients/inmates. However, due to the fact that the prison grounds were built on a drainage area for the local water supply, the entire place was abandoned in 1934. Today what is left of the prison is open to the public to hike through and explore. Most of the decaying cement ruins are now covered in graffiti, but are still nonetheless one of the most interesting hidden finds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mike Mondou, this one's for you.....

**URBAN EXPLORING/PARANORMAL POST** Visit to Wachusett Reservoir/Abandoned Clinton Train Tunnel

**URBAN EXPLORING/PARANORMAL POST** Visit to Purgatory Chasm!